2 1/4 pounds sweet potatoes – cut in 2″ cubes
3/4 pound red peppers – cut in strips
1 large onion – diced large
1 tablespoon garlic – chopped
1/4 bunch cilantro – chopped
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/3 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss sweet potatoes in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange mixture in single layers on roasting pans.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, checking and turning after 20 minutes. Remove when sweet potatoes are lightly browned, but barely cooked through.
- While baking is underway, heat oil in large soup pot or wok, and sauté onions, garlic, peppers and spices until soft.
- In oven baking dish/pan, mix the coconut milk, lime juice, sautéed peppers and onions. Blend well. Add the baked sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Bake mixture for 15 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through.
- Top with shredded coconut, and bake about 15 minutes or so until coconut is lightly browned.