1 1/2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup cornmeal
Good pinch of salt
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
3/4 cup corn kernels
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup olive oil
2 eggs (beaten)
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup jalapeños – deseeded, roasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients, then stir in the corn, milk, oil, eggs, peppers, and half the cheese.
- Put butter in cast iron skillet or baking pan (a skillet is preferable). Place in oven to melt butter until it is spread over base.
- Remove pan or skillet from oven and pour in batter.
- Distribute rest of cheese over top. Bake for 25-35 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.