CE Credits

CEs are offered for psychologists, social workers and nurses.

Some states only allow CEUs approved by their in-state NASW chapters. Contact your state’s licensing board to learn if our courses meet your requirements.

LMHCs do not qualify for our CEs. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions.

Psychiatric MDs are welcome to apply for our CEs. If your medical license is in a different field of practice, please contact your state’s licensing board to learn if our courses meet your requirements.

CEs for Residential Courses

We’re excited to offer continuing education credits (CEs) for specific residential retreats. If you’re interested in earning CEs, here’s what you’ll need to do to fulfill the requirements of the accrediting organizations, the Institute for Meditation and Psychology and the National Association of Social Workers:

  1. Sign an attendance sheet when you arrive on opening day, as well as each evening starting the first full day of the retreat and after the closing session. 
  2. In addition, you will be required to sign in to all your assigned discussion groups.
  3. Your attendance at all teacher-led sessions is required. You must sign all daily and discussion group sheets or you will forfeit your eligibility for CEs.
  4. At the end of the retreat, we will email you a link to an evaluation form, along with instructions for paying your CE processing fee online. You will have until midnight on the third day after we send the email to complete the evaluation and pay the fee.
  5. When we have received your evaluation and your CE processing fee, we will send you the CE certificate via email.

CEs for Online Courses

We are happy to let you know that continuing education credits (CEs) are now available for some online IMS courses, as well as specific residential retreats.

For online courses, the CE accrediting organizations, the Institute for Meditation and Psychology and the National Association of Social Workers, ask that we confirm attendance by having the teachers give a code to participants during the course. At each teaching session, the teacher will give one character of the code. At the end of the retreat, you will receive a CE evaluation form via Survey Monkey. Along with the evaluation questions, there will be a place to fill in the completed code.

When we have received your evaluation, with the complete code, and your CE processing fee, then we will send you the CE certificate.

To pay your CE processing fee at the close of the retreat, use the Pay Your Balance page on our website. 

2025 Courses Offering CEs

Residential Courses

Mindfulness and Liberation – Foundations of Mindfulness-Based Approaches: Insight Meditation Retreat – 25FMBA
January 9-16, 2025
This course qualifies for 21.5 CEs. NASW authorization # D 91724 
Note: to register, log into your MY IMS portal.


A CE fee is payable to IMS at the end of your retreat.

  • Psychologists and social workers: $50
  • Nurses: $25

CE Approval/Accrediting Organizations


Programs offering CEs for psychologists are co-sponsored by the Insight Meditation Society and the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy (IMP). The IMP is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The IMP maintains responsibility for programs offering CEs for psychologists and their content.

Social Workers

CEs for social workers are authorized by the Collaborative of NASW and the Boston College and Simmons Schools of Social Work.


Nurses are welcome to pursue continuing education credit with IMS. As an approved provider through the APA and NASW, many certifying and licensing nursing boards will accept the CEs that IMS offers. Massachusetts nurses are assured of receiving CEs for any retreat approved by the IMP (The Institute for Meditation and Psychology), because the IMP has a relationship with the MA Board of Nursing. For other states, we strongly recommend that you contact the board through which you are licensed or certified, to learn of your particular requirements. Specific questions can be directed to your state board. Please refer to the National Council of State Boards of Nursing for more information.