Olive oil for cooking
1 onion – roughly chopped
1 ½ pounds carrots – roughly chopped
¾ cup quinoa
½ pound celery – roughly chopped
½ gallon vegetable stock
⅛ cup garlic – minced
⅛ cup ginger – minced
⅔ tablespoon salt
11 ⅜ fluid ounces coconut milk
⅓ tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cilantro
⅛ cup lemon juice
1. Sauté onions in the bottom of a soup pot until translucent. Add garlic and ginger and sauté a few minutes. Add carrots and celery, sauté a few more minutes.
2. Add salt, curry powder, rinsed quinoa, and stock to soup pot and stir. Cook for at least an hour until carrots are very soft.
3. Puree with an immersion blender or transfer to food processor or food blender.
4. Add coconut milk and heat through. Taste for seasoning and keep warm until serving.
5. At serving time stir in cilantro.