Olive oil for cooking
1 onion – roughly chopped
1 ½ pounds carrots – roughly chopped
¾ cup quinoa
½ pound celery – roughly chopped
½ gallon vegetable stock
⅛ cup garlic – minced
⅛ cup ginger – minced
⅔ tablespoon salt
11 ⅜ fluid ounces coconut milk
⅓ tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cilantro
⅛ cup lemon juice
- Sauté onions in the bottom of a soup pot until translucent. Add garlic and ginger and sauté a few minutes. Add carrots and celery, sauté a few more minutes.
- Add salt, curry powder, rinsed quinoa, and stock to soup pot and stir. Cook for at least an hour until carrots are very soft.
- Puree with an immersion blender or transfer to food processor or food blender.
- Add coconut milk and heat through. Taste for seasoning and keep warm until serving.
- At serving time stir in cilantro.