We are pleased that you will be joining us for an insight meditation retreat at IMS.
On this page you will find information about how to prepare for your stay at our Retreat Center and what to expect. There are links to documents you will need to fill out, and practical information about participating in IMS residential courses.
Before you arrive for a residential retreat at the Retreat Center, please review the following information:
- COVID19 update (Also please check the MassGov site to check current requirements for wearing masks in Massachusetts.)
- You can Pay Your Balance on the IMS website. Your balance is due one week prior to your arrival. IMS accepts payment for retreats, as well as donations, by cash, check or credit card (Visa, Master Card, or Discover). We also accept Canadian checks in US currency.
- How to get to IMS
- Accommodations and food
- Important health care information – Taking care of your health while on retreat.
- Essential forms to bring or complete upon arrival for your retreat, please do not email them ahead of time – waiver & emergency contact (fillable forms that you can fill in on your computer), and questionnaire for practice meetings with teachers (questionnaire not needed for participants in Teen, Three-Month, Part 1 or Part 2 Retreats)
- Cancellation policy
- Schedules – arrival, departure, typical daily schedule
- What to bring (Three-Month, Part 1, Part 2, and Teen Retreat participants, see specific lists and info for your retreat below)
- Personal products for a fragrance-free environment
- Retreat life
- FAQs About Retreats
- The Practice of Generosity – Learn about dana practice and meal dana
- Continuing Education Credits
- For Three-Month, P1 and P2 participants only: Letter from IMS Teachers; Essential Retreat Information; Cancellation Policy
- For Teen Retreat participants only: Letterfrom teachers; Essential Retreat Information
- For Service Retreatants only
- Smoking and candles
In offering a spiritual refuge for awakening, IMS is committed to cultivating a community that reflects the diversity of our society and our world. Every teacher, every staff person, and everyone who participates in our retreats, can contribute to the sense of safety and respect that supports our practice here.
After reviewing this page, if you have any further questions, please contact us email@example.com