How can I be of service?
We could not continue to function without the generous support and service of many volunteers. If you have sat at least a one-week retreat at IMS before, please consider joining us in this capacity. Here are a few of the reasons our volunteers value their time helping out at our centers:
- To make new friends and meet fellow meditators
- To be part of a ‘sangha,’ or community
- To express generosity
- To help support and sustain IMS’s teachers and retreatants
- To explore the integration of work and dharma practice
- To share expertise and knowledge
- To assist with a special retreat or project
- To have access to the IMS retreat environment
- To enjoy the quiet, restorative beauty of IMS and its surroundings
- To have fun!
Ways to volunteer