Continuing Education Credits

CEs offered for psychologists, social workers and nurses. 

2018 Courses Offering CEs

Mindfulness, Insight, Liberation: The Foundations of Mindfulness-Based Modalities and Research, January 11–18, 2018.
25 CEs offered. NASW Authorization # D 72790. 

Freedom Here and Now: Insight Meditation Retreat, February 27 – March 4, 2018.
15 CEs offered. NASW Authorization # D 73023-2. 

Reclamation of the Sacred: A Journey of Healing and Reconnection Through Insight Meditation, March 6–14, 2018. 
24 CEs offered. NASW Authorization # D  73023-5.

Embodying Kindness and Wisdom: Insight and Lovingkindness Meditation Retreat, April 13–20, 2018. 
21 CEs offered. NASW Authorization # D 73023-3.

Metta: Lovingkindness Retreat, May 16–23, 2018. 
21 CEs offered. NASW Authorization # D 73023-4.

Insight Meditation Retreat for 18–32 Year Olds, July 25 – August 1, 2018. 
21 CEs offered. NASW Authorization # D 73023-1.


A CE fee is payable to IMS at the end of your retreat when you receive your certificate.
Psychologists and social workers: $50
Nurses: $25

Accrediting Organizations


Programs offering CEs for psychologists are co-sponsored by the Insight Meditation Society and the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy. The Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy maintains responsibility for programs offering CEs for psychologists and their content.

Social Workers

CEs for social workers are authorized by the Collaborative of NASW and the Boston College and Simmons Schools of Social Work.


Nurses are welcome to pursue continuing education credit with IMS. As an approved provider through the APA and NASW, many certifying and licensing nursing boards will accept the CEs that IMS offers. Massachusetts nurses are assured of receiving CEs for any retreat approved by IMP (The Institute for Meditation and Psychology), because IMP has a relationship with the MA Board of Nursing. For other states, we strongly recommend that you contact the board through which you are licensed or certified, to learn of your particular requirements. Specific questions can be directed to your state board. Please refer to the National Council of State Boards of Nursing for more information.