2 1/4 pounds sweet potatoes – cut in 2″ cubes
3/4 pound red peppers – cut in strips
1 large onion – diced large
1 tablespoon garlic – chopped
1/4 bunch cilantro – chopped
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/3 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss sweet potatoes in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange mixture in single layers on roasting pans.
1. Bake for 30-45 minutes, checking and turning after 20 minutes. Remove when sweet potatoes are lightly browned, but barely cooked through.
4. While baking is underway, heat oil in large soup pot or wok, and sauté onions, garlic, peppers and spices until soft.
5. In oven baking dish/pan, mix the coconut milk, lime juice, sautéed peppers and onions. Blend well. Add the baked sweet potatoes and mix well.
6. Bake mixture for 15 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through.
7. Top with shredded coconut, and bake about 15 minutes or so until coconut is lightly browned.